You may have landed here because you watched my segment on Channel 3 about energizing natural foods and you came for the recipe, or maybe you just Googled “green smoothie bowls” because you know how amazzzzing they are for you and you’re looking for a good recipe to try, or let’s face it, there’s a chance you just stumbled here and aren’t even quite sure where you are. 😉
Whatever the case may be, I’m so happy you’re visiting!!
Green smoothie bowls are my jam lately. They’re one the best health hacks to cramming as much nutrients into one meal as possible, to help nourish your body and naturally energize you for the day!! Protein + healthy fats + fruits +veggies + superfoods = a healthy, vibrant, energetic YOU!
They’re also toddler approved! My 2 yr old son, Declan can’t get enough of them. So I just make a little extra + prep him a mini bowl alongside mine. He loves picking out his superfoods and sprinkling them on top! Check out my Instagram for the cutest video of his reaction to tasting this one you see here.
I’ve decided to not only give you my “Energizing Green Smoothie Bowl” recipe, but also my Green Smoothie Bowl Formula so you can create your own masterpieces according to your taste and what you have at home.
So here’s how it’s done…
- 1 cup frozen fruit (ex. banana, blueberries, strawberries, mango, etc.)
- 2 handfuls of frozen leafy greens (ex. spinach, kale or chard)
- 1.5cup milk alternative (ex. almond milk, cashew milk, flax milk, macadamia nut milk, etc.)
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder (ex. Plant Fusion, SoTru, Garden of Life, Orgain, etc)
- 1 Tbsp healthy fat (ex. MCT oil, coconut oil, almond butter, etc.)
- Top with superfoods (ex. goji berries, hemp seeds, cacao nibs, mulberries, chia seeds, etc.)
With this formula, the recipes are endless!! If you make one and post it on instagram, please tag me @laurenmcbridetribe I would love to see!!
ENERGIZING GREEN SMOOTHIE BOWL RECIPE (as seen on Channel 3)
- 1 organic frozen banana
- 2 handfuls organic frozen kale
- 1 scoop Plant Fusion vanilla protein powder
- 1.5 cup cashew milk
- 1 Tbsp MCT oil
Blend all together until a consistent thick smoothie texture. Pour in a bowl.
- Top w/ goji berries, hemp seeds + un-sulfured/unsweetened toasted coconut flakes