We all are familiar with honey… but you may have ever heard of Manuka honey? This potent version of honey is made when honeybees primarily consume the nectar of the Manuka bush, a flowering plant native to Australia and New Zealand and it has some sweet health benefits that may surprise you! Manuka honey is the most researched, most powerful medicinal honey known today. It has the ability to penetrate skin tissue and treat infections beneath the skin. It is such a powerful antibacterial that there are no known bacterium that has a resistance to it. Why is Manuka Honey so Powerful? Well, it is an …
Wow… that’s a lot of “Anti’s”, making this quite the stinger for anything unwanted in your body! If that’s not impressive enough, it has no known side effects and is all natural. Health Benefits of Manuka Honey in Your life:
- Treats eczema
- Heals stomach ulcers
- Reduces acid reflux
- Soothes sore throats
- Attacks and kills bacteria, reducing the recovery time of a cold
- Promotes natural healing
- Can cure staph infection and even antibiotic resistant MRSA
- Reduces acne
- Reduces appearance of scarring
- Increases the production of collagen and improve the skin’s elasticity! (which I’m all about!)
Ways to use Manuka Honey:
- As a face mask to improve collagen, reduce acne and calm redness (try the “Clear Skin Sea Mask” in the Slimmer Summer eBook)
- Add a spoonful into your morning tea for immune boosting and digestive benefits.
- As a spot treatment for acne before you go to bed.
- To drizzle over some yogurt and berries in the morning to amp up the nutritional level and antioxidants of your breakfast.
- Apply to cuts, small wounds and burns
- Apply to scars with bandage overnight
You can find Manuka Honey at most health food stores but beware it will set you back about $25 to $35 a jar. I have found the best price to be at Fresh and Easy if you have one near you. One jar will last you a while! Make sure when you buy it to look for the word “ACTIVE” and a “UMF level” (Unique Manuka Factor) of 16+ up to 24+. The higher the UMF level, the higher the health benefits of Manuka Honey. In Health and Happiness, Lauren McBride