Detoxing is one of the best ways to remove harmful toxins from your body and sweating is one of the best ways to do just that. Hot yoga will give you an hour or more of stretching, holds and movements that will leave you in a puddle of your own sweat feeling more alive than ever. Toxins can find their home in fats cells, leading to cellulite and a sluggish metabolism. So try these 5 simple tips to get the most out of your hot yoga session.
- Skin Brush before leaving for the yoga studio. This practice has been shown to improve blood flow and stimulate the lymphatic system, which helps remove those pesky toxins. Brush in long strokes towards your heart.
- Greens before you go. Take some Chlorella on your way out the door. Chlorella is a blue-green algae that binds to heavy metals in your body and pulls them out through sweat and defecation. By taking this wonder supplement before your up dog, down dog it will ensure a deeper cleansing experience.
- Add your two scents. Angelica and Grapefruit essential oils, that is. Place a few drops onto your yoga mat or your towel to invigorate your lymph system, stimulate your liver and promote blood circulation for an added benefit.
- Go take a cold shower after your practice. Going from extreme hot to extreme cold is a wonderful way to naturally detoxify the body and increase your immune system. Grab your mat and hit the showers; the colder the better.
- Just Breathe deeply, in and out. Breathing exercises are a wonderful way to eliminate toxins as it helps to eliminate poison from the cells. Take the belly breathing that you learn in your yoga practice and use it throughout the rest of your day, week, and life.
Detoxing is a great way to start fresh. What better time than the first of the year?! Try these wonderful tips that help me detox and let me know how you like them! In Health and Happines, Lauren McBride